Achieve flexibility for your holiday policies
Important questions to consider when creating a vacation policy in BitaBIZ:
- Should the employee only book a vacation that is earned at the desired date of the vacation?
- Should the employee be allowed to book a vacation that has not been earned yet but the salary is deducted for the booked vacation days?
- Should the employee be allowed to borrow vacation days that have not been earned without payroll deduction? Should the minus days be offset in later monthly earnings?
- Should the employee not be allowed to book more vacation days than earned but own paid days off can be applied for without pay?
- Vacation policies that earn vacation days per month. Should the vacation be able to be held already at the beginning of a month (before earning) or at the end of the month when they are earned?
- Should vacation days held by part time employees be calculated and exported with a factor to your payroll system?
- Should vacation days held by hourly paid employees be settled without pay in your payroll system?
Create a vacation policy
Click setuo admin > Modules > Add new policy
When a new vacation policy is created, the country is chosen. When choosing a country, default settings such as the vacation year and remaining vacation rules are automatically configured to the policy:
The only settings that need to configured to the policy is:
- Rules for booking vacation with or without pay and/or rules for reqesting advance vacation days .
- How should the vacation be applied? At the beginning of the month or at the end of the month?
- Is employee working part time with fixed days off? Read more here
- Is employee hourly paid without paid vacation days? Read more her
1. Our employees should only book the number of vacation days that have been earned.
- With this setting activated your employees cannot book more vacation days than earned at the time in question for the desired event (+ any remaining vacation days transferred).
1.1 Policy setting:
1.2 Add registration:
-> Registration pop-up blocks vacation requests that contain more days than earned.
1.3 Statistics shows:
-> Days available can never go in minus balance. Employees must dispose of their days according to when they are earned.
2. Employees may request vacation that has not been earned - but days requested which have not been earned are settled in the month in question and the days are deducted from the salary.
- With this option activated, employees will be deducted from their salaries for vacation days held that have not yet been earned.
- Held days that have not been earned at the relevant time for the desired vacation period are deducted from salary / settled in the month they are held.
2.1 Policy settings:
2.2 Add event when applying for a holiday with payroll deductions:
-> Registration pop-up tells employees that they are applying for days that give pay deductions.
2.3 Statistics when registering holidays that provide payroll deductions:
-> When days that have not been earned are booked, the days are deducted in the month in question. Minus days are not carried forward for set-off in subsequent months' earnings. Vacation earnings are reset and start over the following month.
3. Our employees may borrow holidays that have not yet been earned without payroll deductions. Possibly with a maximum number of days that can be borrowed.
- With this option activated, your employees can borrow vacation days that have not yet been earned. Their vacation balance can go into minus a givn month without the days being deducted in salary.
- If an employee books 5 vacation days in October where 2.08 days have been earned:
- In October, the employee's balance will be negative with -2.92 days.
- In November, two new vacation days are earned and the balance becomes -0.84 days
- In December, the advance days are written off and the employee has 1.25 days of pay.
3.1 Policy settings:
3.2 Add registration:
-> Registration pop-up tells employees that advance days are being borrowed.
3.3 Statistics when registering an advance vacation:
-> When borrowing vacation days, the available days balance goes in minus. Minus days are offset in the following months in relation to the ongoing accrual of vacation days.
4. Employees may not request more vacation days than earned at the relevant time for the desired vacation. If the employee wishes to take holidays that have not been earned, a registration type "Own paid day off" has been created which the employee must use.
- Own paid day off must be used if the required number of vacation days have not been earned at the time in question of the desired vacation.
- Employee combines his earned vacation days with pay with his own paid days off without pay.
- The method allows the employee to take more than 25 vacation days per year. But a vacation in addition to 25 days per year is paid by the employee himself.
4.1 Policy settings:
4.2 Custom registration types:
Click: Setup Admin -> Modules -> Custom registration types
- Select that the registration type must be added to the payroll export
- Enter the payroll ID/number that results in payroll deduction
- Perhaps the registration type should not be available for all your staff groups?
- Select days as registration unit
- Select that the registration type need approval
4.3 Add registration:
Own paid time off combined with a paid vacation!