Achieve flexibility for your holiday policies
Important questions to consider when creating a vacation policy in BitaBIZ:
- Should the employee only book a vacation that is earned at the desired date of the vacation?
- Should the employee be allowed to book a vacation that has not been earned yet but the salary is deducted for the booked vacation days?
- Should the employee be allowed to borrow vacation days that have not been earned without payroll deduction? Should the minus days be offset in later monthly earnings?
- Should the employee not be allowed to book more vacation days than earned but own paid days off can be applied without pay?
- Vacation policies that earn vacation days per month. Should the vacation be able to be held already at the beginning of a month (before earning) or at the end of the month when they are earned?
- Should it be allowed to book a vacation leave before the vacation can be booked?
Create a vacation policy
When a new vacation policy is created, the country is chosen. When choosing a country, default settings such as the vacation year and remaining vacation rules are automatically configured to the policy:
The only setting that needs to configure to the policy is:
- Rules for booking vacation with or without pay.
- How should the vacation be applied? At the beginning of the month or at the end of the month?
1. Our employees should only book the number of vacation days that have been earned.
- With this setting activated, your employees cannot book more days than earned at the relevant time for the desired event (+ any remaining holiday transferred).
Create a registration:
-> Days left can never go in the red
2. Employees may request vacation that has not been earned - but days requested have not been earned are settled in the month in question and the days are deducted from the salary.
- Vacation days that have not been earned at the relevant time for the desired vacation period are deducted from salary / settled in the month they are requested.
-> When days that have not been earned are booked, the days are deducted in the month in question. Minus days are not carried forward for set-off in subsequent months' earnings.
3. Our employees may borrow holidays that have not yet been earned without payroll deductions. Possibly with a maximum number of days that can be borrowed.
- With this option activated, your employees can borrow vacation days that have not been earned yet. Their vacation balance can go into minus a month without them being deducted in salary.
- If an employee books two vacation days in September where 0 days have been earned, the employee's balance decreases by -2 days. In October, two new vacation days are earned and the balance shows 0 days earned (the minus days are set off against subsequent earnings).
-> When borrowing vacation days, the turns read. Minus days are offset in the following months in relation to the ongoing accrual of vacation days.
4. Employees may not request more vacation days than earned at the relevant time for the desired vacation. If the employee wishes to take holidays that have not been earned, a registration type "Own paid day off" has been created which the employee must use.
- Own paid day off must be used if the required number of vacation days have not been earned at the time of the desired vacation.
- Employee combines his earned vacation days with pay with his own paid days off without pay.
- The method allows the employee to take more than 25 vacation days per year. But a vacation in addition to 25 days per year is paid by the employee himself.
Custom registration types:
Click: Setup Admin -> Modules -> Custom registration types
- Mark that the registration type must be transferred to the payroll export
- Enter the payroll ID/number that gives the payroll deduction
- Perhaps the registration type should not be available to all your staff groups?
- The registration unit must be days
- Mark that the registration type must be approved
Own paid time off combined with a paid vacation!