Flexibility to create your other vacation policies
Important questions to consider when creating other vacation policy for BitaBIZ:
- Which term should be used? Other vacations, Care Days, or?
- When should new employees have access to their other vacation days?
- Should other vacation follow the calendar year, the vacation year, or?
- Should remaining vacation days be automatically transferred to a new period or deleted?
- Should other vacation days be earned per year, half-year, quarter, or month?
- Should other vacations be allowed to be requested before a vacation can be booked?
- Should other vacations be booked in days and/or hours?
- Should other vacation days be used for regular company closing days?
(Example: between Christmas and New Year. If yes, the days must be earned when they are to be held)
How to create other vacation policy?
Navigate to your Policy page and the open tab Other vacation.
If your company uses other vacations for care days, change the name to the desired designation. The change takes effect immediately on all BitaBIZ platforms (web, mobile app, Outlook app)
Example: Insert 5 days/year and select:
- Full earnings: 5 days at the start of the period or date of employment.
- Days are released after X months: 5 days at the start of the period or X months after the date of employment.
- Employment determines earnings next year: 5 days at the start of the period or employment date in the first vacation year determines the number of other vacation days earned the following year.
Half-year: Employee earns 5 days / 2 = 2.5 days per half-year.
Quarter: Employee earns 5 days / 4 quarters = 1.25 days per quarter.
Month: Employee earns 5 days / 12 months = 0.42 days per month
Should the remaining other vacation days be deleted or automatically transferred to a new period?
Should other vacation/care days be settled/registered in hours or days?
If hours are marked as a registration unit, 5 days are converted to hours in the employee's statistics. For example, 37 hours. Therefore, standard working hours must be created for your policies using time registration. Read more here!