When you open your BitaBIZ calendar on the web portal on 1st of September 2020, your statistics have changed!
The new statistics show:
- vacation earning per month during the vacation year
- calculation of the number of days earned per month that can be used during the year. The calculation takes into account when days are earned.
Here are some examples of how to understand the new monthly statistics ...
Case: Start of the new vacation year on 1st of September without transferred vacation days from the previous year:
- 1st of September, 0 vacations has been earned
- 1st of October, 2.08 days have been earned
- 1st of November, 4.17 days have been earned, etc.
Note: When the transition period ends on 31/8 2020, all remaining vacation is sent for processing / transfer!
Case: Start of the new vacation year on 1st of September with 5 transferred remaining vacation days from the previous year:
- 1st of September, 5 vacation days have been "earned" (the 5 transferred days from the old / closed transition year)
- An additional 2.08 vacation days are earned on the 1st of October + the 5 remaining days transferred, the employee has a total of 7.08 vacation days available on 1st of October.
- On the 1st of November, 4.17 days have been earned + the 5 remaining days transferred, the employee now has a total of 9.17 vacation days available per 1st of November.
Note: With 5 remaining vacation days transferred to the new vacation year on 1.9.2020, the employee's vacation year counter will show 30 days. I.e. during the vacation year 30 days can be requested. It is the monthly statistics that show when the vacation days have been earned and can be requested during the year:
End of the new vacation year 31.8.2021
In the example below, the employee has not requested any vacation. The employee therefore has 25 vacation days left the 1st of September 2021. The employee can request the vacation days until 31st of December 2021. After this date, they are sent for transfer processing for the payroll admin role.
The monthly statistics show the new days earned for the new vacation year starting from 1st of September 2021 and the employee can see the total number of vacation days available in the "left" counter.
The case below; "new" vacation earned after September 1st and "old" vacation earned before September 1st is separated. But new vacation + old vacation days not spend yet = total number of days the employee can request until 31st of December.
If the 25 remaining vacation days are not transferred on the 31st of December 2021. Then they will be deleted from the statistics and the employee can only request days earned in the active vacation year that started 1st of September:
Example: An employee books 2 vacation days in October. BitaBIZ shows that it is OK because the employee will have earned 2.08 days by October.
Employee statistics show:
If an employee request 3 vacation days in October, the request will be rejected because only 2.08 days have been earned at this point in time:
NB: If your company accepts that employees request vacation not earned yet, this rule can be saved to your policies. The setting is not default from September 1st. It must therefore be selected / marked on your policies (salary agreements).