When adding approver flow to your account you can select between two approaches:
- You can set up approverflow to follow your department set-up.
- You can set up 1:1 approverflow. Hence, you disregard groups and departments as the building blogs for creating approver flow.
This article focus on setting up 1:1 approverflow:
- Users with the role "Approver" selected - they are added to the list "Direct approver". Select "Approver" on the managers that have an approver role in your organisation. When setting up 1:1 approverflow you dont select departments.
2. On each employee profile click: Roles > select the "Direct approver" from the list:
That is it!
You have options to further expand the approverflow in BitaBIZ:
1. Department approvers
You can add department approvers to your 1:1 approverflow:
- Open the employee profil that need an role
- Click "Roles"
- Mark "Approver"
- Mark "Groups / departments" that the user should be approver for
- Click "Save"
If a user in a department should only be approved by the Direct approver. Hence, the department approver added above will not be added as approver for this employee (only the Direct approver will handel this employee). Select "Employee is only approved by the direct approver chosen":
Self approver role
If an employee in your organisation should not be assigned an approver to handle requests. Then you have the option to make the employee a self approver. Hence, the manager approverflow set-up will be ignored for this employee.
Select the "Selfapprover" role from the drop down:
Please note. When your organisation use 1:1 approver flow. You have the option to automate your BitaBIZ approverflow by connecting your Azure AD.